Thursday, March 22, 2007

Update

Well, today we went to turn in our LOI (Letter of intent) for Ethan's adoption. You actually have to type this on the original form that CCAA sends with the referral pack. Of course Greg and I were asking where on earth is there a typewriter. I haven't seen one of those in about 7 or 8 years. Thankfully our agency had one in their office. We were able to go there so I could type it up.

They were having a meeting tonight with families that are in the process of adopting internationally. They asked us to come and share our story with them. Of course they asked for Hannah to be there with us. She knew that everyone was watching her so she decided to put on a show. When it came time to share I was the one that was lucky enough to speak. Speaking isn't my favorite thing to do. I would rather sing in front of a crowd any day. I can do it though. We had some questions asked of us. It was fun to share our story of Ethan and Hannah both.

I have been in my new job role for about three weeks now. It is more stressful but I realize it is partly because I am still learning my job responsibilities. I think am going to enjoy it though.

4 comments:

Steffie B. said...

Wow...one step closer to Ethan. I'm sure you'll be great at your new job. Your handling a lot right now! Hang in there!

Beckyb said...

We love to speak for our Bethany office too - it is so fun talking to the parents when they are still considering adopting!!!

Nikki said...

Exciting stuff, sweetie. So glad you were able to share your wonderful story with others. I'm sure you did a great job. Wish I could've been there to see Hannah puttin' on a show!

*glad the new job is going well. the stress should lessen as you get more comfortable in your new role*

Gwen Oatsvall said...

you are so much closer to getting ethan now.. what if emily marrys him. hee,hee ... would could be family ... i love sharing emily's story with other families and i love to talk (that is a shocker i know).