Monday, March 26, 2007

Potty training

Friday after getting home from daycare I put panties on Hannah. I was determined that this weekend we were really going to work on the potty training thing. I have started giving her 1 sticker for using the potty when I take her and 2 if she tells me she has to go. Friday night she did great. We had no accidents. I was very proud of her.

We will let her sleep with me on the weekends sometimes. Saturday morning I awoke to "Mommy I pee peed in my pull up." I got her out of MY BED and went to change her. She did not have a pull up on. she still had her panties on. I was busy packing up our kitchen and Greg was on the computer. She went to her room and got her pjs and put them on by herself. Greg did not check to see that she had a diaper on when he put her to bed.

Saturday she wore the panties all day long. We had two accidents. I thought that wasn't too bad for all day. Sunday she wore a pull-up all day. I was still proud of her. On the way back from my Dads home she said that she had to pee pee. I asked her to hold it until we got home. She held it. I told her that she got 2 stickers and asked if she knew why. she proudly stated because she said "pee pee." She loves getting those stickers. I think it just might work.

7 comments:

Steffie B. said...

Good for you Pam.....and Hannah of course! I have to get on the potty wagon once we get home from vacation!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

yeah !!!! potty training is all about the timing ... i still ask emily every 30 minutes ... she won't have accidents when we are out and about, but she will at home ... go figure. can't wait for gotcha day .. i ordered our zoo passes yesterday ...

Beckyb said...

Sounds like you are on your way!!! She is doing great - doesn't that feel good?!?!?

Verna said...

What a great feeling to have them respond to the potty training. It is really nice not to have to carry so many diapers. Mya is very proud of herself as I'm sure Hannah is.

Carrie said...

I keep telling myself we are going to do the same but hasn't happened yet. Glad to hear your efforts are paying off!

Did you guys sell the house? I noticed you wrote you were packing the kitchen! Hoping things are going as smooth as possible for you!

Nikki said...

Good job, Hannah!
Looks like Lily might be the only one still in diapers at the reunion.
Uh oh!

The Phillips said...

Great job Hannah!!! Good luck with the potty training! :)
Britt