This is a tribute to my father, Senior Master Sergeant Robert Roehl. I don't have any pictures from Saturday so I thought I would just post this picture. I have grown up in a military family. Granted my father was in the Air National Guard the whole time that I remember him being in but he had also served full time in the Air Force. He always taught us to be grateful for the men and women who have and continue to fight for our freedom. I am thankful for his teaching. This April 13 my father turns 60 years old. The military in forcing him to retire although I think he is probably ready. This past Saturday they had a retirement ceremony for him. I was waiting for him to start crying. I actually thought he was going to cry. My father loved serving his country. Since he was in the Air National Guard he wasn't really called up to go places. Most of his deployments were voluntary. I remember during the first Gulf war that he told them that if he ever needed him to go he would. If people would tell him that they prayed that he would never have to go to fight he would always tell them not to do that because he joined to fight. I have great respect of him for that.
My father wasn't only a great serviceman; he is also a great daddy. I have always been able to talk with him about anything. He wasn't always at home all the time but he worked 2 jobs most of the time during the week. He always provided for us. My daddy also taught me not to judge people by the outside but what is on the inside. He is always there when I need him. I always talk about how big of a Daddy's girl Hannah is. I think that I am probably just as big of one with my Daddy. I love my Daddy. Thank you Daddy for all that you have done for me and taught me over the years.







12 comments:
super sweet story about you dad. let him know how much we all appreciate our servicemen. i try to pray for them constantly because it is so important that we never forget what they do for us.
What a great tribute to your dad. He sounds so cool. What a blessing.
Yes,what a great father!I think you must be very proud of him.:)
I love my daddy very much,who is a teacher and plays a great role in my life.
He is the person I respect most.
Best wishes...
I always say there is nothing quite like the relationship between a little girl and her daddy...it is sooooo important.
So glad you have such a wonderful bond with your dad. He sounds like a terrific man.
That was so neat - what a great tribute!! Yes, and I am VERY thankful for the men (and women) that protect us!!
awww! Pam!! What a great post! It's great you can have such a great relationship with your father! Like you said... he sounds like a great man, and a great dad! :)
(the last one was deleted because there were a bunch of spelling errors)
What a wonderful tribute to your Dad. I hope he'll see this post! I too have great respect for those serving our country!
What an awesome post! The relationship between a girl and her daddy - there's nothing like it! :)
What a wonderful tribute to your father...I'm sure he would be very honoured if he read it.
My skype name is ellameng.
It's great to chat with you on Skype.
Thank you all for the nice things you said about my father and Greg since he is also a military man. It is always nice to hear the support from people.
Ella, my father is also a teacher. He will probably retire after this year.
Post a Comment