
May introduce you all to Ethan ______ Shockley (You Guo Qiang). He is two years of age. His date of birth is 2/14/05. He is from the Xinxiang City Social Welfare Inst. in Henan, China. If I remember the map correctly his province is just above Hunan. That will make it easier on visiting both when we go back with the children.
I have to share the story of us being matched. I hope that it is ok to share. We were not told not to share. As you all know we had asked to be considered for one of four boys. Yesterday our social worker called Greg. She told him that Grand Rapids wanted us to look at three of the boys and decide on which one we would prefer being matched with. Greg and I narrowed it down to two of them. One of the boys is two months older than Hannah so we thought it would be best to go with one of the younger boys. I then asked Greg how do we decide which of them to choose. It is much easier when China matches us. I called my baby sister to ask her opinion. At that time Greg was asking Hannah which of the little boys was Ethan. She kept pointing to Guo Qiang. She would always say that the other boy was a baby. My sister heard Hannah talking about it and said that since Greg and I had it down to two that we should let Hannah tell us who Ethan is. Hannah is very proud of her brother already. She was carrying his picture around with her last night.
Now the wait begins. I also have some shopping to do . I need to go buy some little boys clothes. I am ready to be in China hugging and kissing my little man. Maybe I will be able to go get him before our reunion so you all can meet him.
Oh, also we are putting our house on the market within a week or two. We have somethings around here that we need to do first. So much exciting things are happening.







9 comments:
OH MY GOSH!!! What incredible news to come home too after my retreat. He is adorable, and my heart is filled with gladness for you!
Congratulations! What a sweet little boy! I am so happy for you all. And good luck with the house.
You all are in my prayers! :)
Britt
Wow! Long awaited... That seemed quick to me! Congratulations guys! I'm so happy for you all. Thanks so much for sharing your matching story. I'm praying that he can come home quickly.
Thank you all. Kris, hope you had a nice retreat.
Bethany, it was quick. I was praying for him and that it would be this summer that I would travel. God answers our prayers. Praise Him!!
Oh my gosh Pam and Greg, Congratulations on your son! What a sweet looking little guy. IT was so touching tohear that Hannah too was involved in choosing her brother. You have made this so incredibly special for the whole family and God is smiling back at you now; I can tell. I REally hope we get to meet him at the reunion. That would truly be the best part of the trip! Hugs to you all!!
I am just thrilled for you guys - that was a nice, short wait!!! He is a handsome guy and so very fortunate to have you all as his Dad and Mom!
What a sweet, little guy!
Congratulations Shockleys!
That is a beautiful story and I hope you will be able to travel quickly to bring him home.
Pam.....my heart is so over whelmed at this moment I can hardly see the keyboard, my eyes are filling with so many tears....I am so thrilled for you....what more can i say other then I will pray for Ethan while he is waitng for you, that you get to travel soon, and that this journey is just as wonderful as the first!
Hugs to you, Greg and Hannah...
i keep popping over here to look at his cute face and just realized that i haven't commented yet. i am so excited and blessed to hear this news. i pray for quick travel. i so want him at the reunion. love ya.
Post a Comment