Monday, December 10, 2007

Plastic Surgeon Visit

Ethan and I got up this morning around 6:30 so we could leave by 7:15 for his doctor's appointment. As we were getting off of the elevators we run into Gwen, Scott, and little Miss Maggie. It was great to see them. It is sad that we leave so close to each other but do not see each other that often. They were leaving the doctor as we were coming. We actually were seeing the same doctor.

While we were waiting to be called back into the room a lady came in with her son. Come to find out she had adopted him and his older sister from Kazakhstan. It was good to get to talk with a fellow adopting mother. Her son was there because of his head.

The actually appointment was probably about 15 minutes long. We are waiting for Ethan's consult about circumcision before scheduling the palate surgery. They will do them both at the same time. The next appointment is January 11. Once we do the surgery Ethan will be in the hospital for one week. He will not be able to feed himself or suck anything for 3 weeks. They actually wrap their arms so they cannot bend their arms and place their fingers in their mouth. This should be really interesting. The boy loves those fingers.

Greg got home from work with a nice surprise for Hannah and myself. We will be going to see our local ballet companies production of The Nutcracker this Saturday. I am very excited to take Hannah to see this. I hope that she enjoys it as much as I do. I was showing her a few clips on Youtube tonight. Oh, I'm also taping Mary Poppins for us to watch. I know she will like that one.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so great that you have Ethan home for Christmas!
Love,
Sabrina & Abbi Baker
from East TN

Mr.Brian said...

Glad the Dr. Apt. went well.
How exciting for you and tour daughter,what a great mother daughter time that will be.Sounds like a pretty special husband to suprise his two favorite gals like that.
I always joke that that is a get out of jail free card for husbands when they mess up and make mama unhappy.LOLOLOL!!!

Ashley said...

Hope you and Hannah have fun! :)

Steffie B. said...

How fun for you and Hannah.....please keep us posted about Ethan....so glad to hear things are going well! ;)

redmaryjanes said...

Wow, it's amazing that you and Gwen are going to the same doctor. It sounds like your children are in good hands from the wonderful things I have been hearing.
I love to go to the Nutcracker Ballet, enjoy!