Monday, December 17, 2007

The Nutcracker

Hannah and I spent the whole afternoon together on Saturday. We left the house at 12:00 to go to the big downtown. It was cold and rainy so I decided I would do valet parking. It was sad that it cost $18.00 and then I gave a $2.00 tip. It was worth it though just so I would not have to carry Hannah through the streets in the pouring cold rain.

I asked her if she wanted a snack before but she did not. We go and find our seats. She kept asking when it was going to start. I showed her my watch and told her when the numbers 2,0,0 were on the watch it would start. Of course she kept asking every 5 seconds what time it was. She seemed to enjoy it. She kept asking where the nutcracker was. She stayed awake during the whole ballet. It was a lot of fun. After the ballet we went to Krispy Kreme to get doughnuts. It was almost bedtime by the time we got home.

Today while we were driving home Hannah started singing along with the radio. One of the songs was "Do you hear what I hear". All she kept singing was "Do you hear what I see?" It was the cutest thing. She is doing a great job with Ethan. She is trying to teach him words. It is so cute.

Ethan is doing great at daycare. They all say that he is so sweet (which he is). He will wave hello and bye to all of the other parents as they come and go. It is just great though when we come in to pick them up and he comes running to us with a big smile on his face.

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Pam, what a great feeling that Ethan is feeling comfortable with daycare! Sounds like it is going okay for you with being back at work. I need some advice when I get to that point in managing two kiddos.

I never thought to take Olivia to the Nutcracker. I am amazed to hear Hannah sat through it all and watched. What a wonderful mommy daughter time together!

Laura Nipper said...

How fun to have mother daughter time at the ballet. I can't wait to do those things with Morgan like that. She just will not sit still very long. Sounds like Ethan is doing well and is loved by so many. :)

Steffie B. said...

Sounds like things are going well and I couldn't be happier!

post some pictures soon if you can....you know we love to see them! ;)

Nikki said...

Glad your girls' day out was a success...what a GOOD GIRL Hannah is!
Also glad to hear that your little man is adjusting so well and OF COURSE he is loved by all who meet him!
XO

redmaryjanes said...

I am so glad to hear that Ethan is doing well in childcare. It seems like most of the adopting Moms stay home and I work. It did my heart good to read this post.