Sunday, January 28, 2007

God Was Working With Me

Hello everyone! This is Greg. First, I want to give a special shout out to all of the Hunan kids out there: ) You are all growing so fast!!

I'm sure that most of you know that I surprised Pam by starting the adoption process a full year earlier than we were thinking we would. I look back now and can see why God was tugging at my heart to go ahead and start earlier. We started in September. I almost waited to surprise her for Christmas. If we happened to have waited another year or if I even waited until Christmas, then we would have not been able to adopt from China again. Because of the new stricter rules that the Chinese government is placing for adopting, mainly the 80,000 net worth, we would not have been able to. I now understand why God was tugging at my heart to go ahead and start and trust in him that he will provide. We now should be able to get our paperwork to China before the new rule are imposed in May. He even placed a few ladybugs in my path during that time: ) It's so cool to see so clearly God working in our lives. Anyway, I just wanted to share that little testimony. I hope that all of you are doing great!

8 comments:

Gwen Oatsvall said...

love hearing how God works in a dad's life. surprisingly there was not one joke in that whole story. you are growing up so fast!!!!

Steffie B. said...

Greg.....same with us. If I would have waited until Daniel was "officially" 1, we would not have made it either. Now....if that darn 171H doesn't come this week, I think I am going to have a nervous break down! ;)

Carrie said...

I loved reading your post. It made me think of how God orchestrates everything if we just stand back and watch his plan for our lives unfold. Thanks for sharing that!

Beckyb said...

Same with us - so we add an AMEN!!! Had we waited we would not qualify after May 1 either - Good thing we were listening to God's promptings!! Good to hear from you.

Nikki said...

Very cool, Greg... it is so fun to see so clearly His hand guiding your life, isn't it?

Lily says "What up!?"
Good to hear from you!

Verna said...

Wow! God is truly moving. Love to hear what He is doing. Thanks for sharing.

Verna said...

Wow! God is truly moving. Love to hear what He is doing. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I just found your website and am SO HAPPY to hear your I-171H arrived! When I read this post I got goosebumps remembering how Greg felt God leading him to begin and now seeing how His timing was perfect! So happy for you all!

Did you see, we're coming home!