Sunday, January 27, 2008

PRAYER FOR A FOREVER FAMILY

I had the privilege to meet a lady named Mysty shorty after bringing Hannah home. We have a mutual friend that introduced us. Mysty and her husband were in the process of adopting a sibling group from Guatemala when I met her. They also had a biological son. During this wait they adopted a new born baby domestically. they named him Isaac. I believe he is close to two years old now. The sibling group adoption did not happen. A few months ago they did bring home a little girl from Guatemala, Maria. Mysty is a very sweet lady.

I am writing this to ask you all to please pray for their son Isaac. Earlier this week he was diagnose with a rare form of leukemia. The doctors gave him two weeks to live without treatment and with treatment two years at the most. They had to make the decision whether or not to put him through the painful treatment of chemo. They did start the treatment Friday afternoon. He will have 10 straight days of the treatment. They will not know for 29 days whether or not he is in remission. Please pray that this cancer will be defeated. Our God is bigger than this cancer. I know that He does not want Isaac or this family to have to go through this. The God I know and love does not want His people to suffer. I pray that this will be defeated and that God will be glorified. I respect the doctors but only God knows how much time we all have here on this Earth.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

i will most definitely be praying

Nikki said...

Oh my gosh Pam, that is horrible! But, yes! yes! I will pray for sweet Isaac and the entire family. We do serve a big God.
Please keep us posted.

Steffie B. said...

I will be praying as well.....love the new look Becky did for you! ;)

Holladay Family said...

My nephew was not even two years old when he was diagnosed with a rare form of liver cancer that had spread to his lungs. When they discovered his cancer, the doctors gave him a zero percent chance at survival (they told my family less than ten percent chance but later told us it was really zero) because he had over 100 tumors and was in STAGE 4. Stage 4 is the FINAL stage. They were told if they did treatment it would not work but they could try it if they wanted to. They also made the extremely difficult decision as to whether or not to do treatment. They chose to do it. After months of chemo, his cancer was gone in his lungs. They did a liver transplant and it completely removed the cancer from his body. He is in remission and has been for over 2 years. They call him their Miracle child at the hospital. The reason he survived is because they had given him a zero percent chance at survival. When someone has a "zero" chance at survival the doctors are allowed to use experimental chemo which they can't use otherwise. I will pray for Isaac. My nephew is a survivor and there are still miracles in this world. May the next be his.

Gwen Oatsvall said...

will add them to pray list ... can't imagine what they are going thru ..

love the new blog look ... Becky did a fabulous job ...