We met with the urologist. He was very nice. His surgery schedule came in to the tell me that he did not have any openings until May. I knew that the plastic surgeon really wanted to get his palate fixed sooner than that.
After leaving there we headed over to the in-laws to get Hannah. While I was on my way Greg called to tell me that she had been crying most of the morning because of her eyes hurting. Thankfully we already had an appointment with the Peds for Ethan so I called so see if they would check her out also. I knew they would if they saw her when I took her in with us. I have worked at doctors offices though and wanted to be nice and call first.
So, we get to the Peds. I'm thinking Hannah must have pink eye and we will leave with meds for her. I was wrong. She has a virus and it has to run its course. Her eyes are like this because of her fever.
Ethan was going for another vaccination visit and for his blood work to be done. I remembered how hard it was for them to find a vein on Hannah because she had not drank much before the appointment. I made sure that Ethan drank lots of water before we went. It worked. They got the vein on the first try. He was such a trooper. He did not cry one bit while they were drawing four vials of blood. Now his flu shot and TB test were a different story.
Since Hannah was sick they made sure to check Ethan's ears and throat also. I also told them that he had some green nasal discharge. We left the office with a Rx for a sinus infection. You would not have thought it was him who was sick.
While we were at the Peds the urologist office called. They called the plastic surgeon and were able to make an appointment for the surgery on March 5 at 12:00 noon. So, Ethan will be getting cut at both ends that day. Please keep him in your prayers that he will stay well so that they will be able to perform the surgery this day. The sooner this is done the sooner we can work on his speech.
Saturday morning, Hannah seems to be feeling a little better. She is much more chipper. Oh, how do you like Ethan's new do?







1 comment:
They are both darling. I love seeing them together. We will keep him in our prayers with his upcoming surgery! Kepp us posted!
Post a Comment