Monday, November 12, 2007

There is not much that I have to post about. The sad news that we received this afternoon is hard for me to process at this time. This was to be a joyful time for the family but has been scared by this tragedy. What do you say? How do you act? These are all things that are running through my mind. Greg and I did not get to spend much time with Dennis. We had just meet him on the 9th. He was rather quite but seemed like a nice man. Sandra has a very sweet presence about her. I know that there has to be so much running through her head at this time. I just pray that God will show me if and what I might need to say to her. I cannot imagine what I would do if this had happened to me and Greg. Please keep them in your prayers.

I am posting this picture of Ethan.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Pam for the precious picture of Ethan. He is a very bright spot in an extremely sad moment...

Praying God's comfort for Sandra and her decisions and praying for safety for you and Greg. Come home soon!!

Love, Holly M.

Nikki said...

I cannot believe what has happened with that family...I don't even have words.
I'll pray for them (and for you).

Hugs, friend.

P.S. Ethan looks wonderful!

Steffie B. said...

I am so sorry....I don't even know what to sayexcept that I will lift this family up in prayers.

The picture of Ethan is adorable. I'm so glad things are going well!

Hugs....

Mr.Brian said...

How terrible sad.I will be praying for this family.And i will pray for you as well that you may find the words to be a rock for this lady.

LaLa said...

I cannot imagine the pain they are in. I read Gwen's email and it looks like she is a first time mommy...I am praying her family does receive the emergency Visas and can be there for her. I also pray you will be led in the best way to help her .

Ethan is a cutie as always!

Kathi said...

Hi. I'm a friend of Gwen's. What happened to Gwen? We haven't heard from her on her blog since Friday; I'm getting pretty worried right now. Could someone please let me know..and I'll pass it on. Thanks.
My name is Kathi. I've been following your journey with Ethan also. He is SO cute. Congratulations. Have you caught up with Gwen yet?

Kathi said...

I'm sending prayers to this Sandra person. May I ask what happened to Dennis?

Emmie said...

oh Pam..I am so sorry to hear about what happended to your travel mate. I will definitly be keeping Sandra in my prayers and she has many decessions to make. I am thankful that you and Greg made it to Guangzhou. Hope your journey continues to go well. Little Ethan is absolutely adorable...love the new pic!

kitchu said...

Beautiful picture of Ethan. I'm speechless about Sandra. I commented on the prior post.

Steffie B. said...

I hope things are going well at home. Praying for good adjustment's from BOTH of your precious children! ;)