Tuesday, November 20, 2007

We are Home at last.

Sorry that I have not posted in a few days. Our week of internet at the White Swan ran out on the 16th. That was the day that we had our oath ceremony at the US Consulate. It was very emotional. Gwen and I were standing beside Sandi during this time. I wish you all could meet this sweet lady and her little Hannah. I am so thankful to God that He moved the hands of the US government so that she was able to return home on her original schedule. Please continue to keep her in your prayers.

We left China on the 18th at 8:30 in the morning. Can I just say that security at the Guangzhou airport has gotten crazy. You have to fill out two forms in order to leave their country. One is for departing and the other I believe was a quarantine form. Then we went through security. They put our bags through the x-ray machine and searched them. Then before we could get on the plane they checked them again at the gate. It was crazy. We also had to go through security check in Tokyo airport before catching our connecting flight. It all made me want to go hunting for Osama myself and take care of him. Anyway.

Ethan was ok on the flights home. He did cry on the long flight when we tired to get him to sleep. I had to hold him until he fell asleep. I was not having to do this back at the hotels. Most of the time he would let us know when he was ready for bed. He is a wiggle worm in his sleep so I was up making sure he did not fall out of the seat. By the time we got home and in bed I believe I had been awake for 30 hours straight. Needless to say I did not feel great on Monday. I am feeling much better today though.

Today we went to the Social Security office to apply for his card. It is nice to be in a small town now. We walked into the office and checked in. Before we could sit down and get comfortable they called our number. We were probably there a total of 15 minutes. It was so nice. The lady was surprised at how quick I was at going to get this taken care of. Greg had called the insurance and mailed them the papers they need to get him added.

Ethan's first doctor's appointment is November 30. We will see about getting the name of a specialist for his cleft palate. I am going to ask for one at our local children's hospital here in the area. We also have our first post placement appointment with our SW next Wednesday.

Our house has changed so much with a little boy in it. Hannah is doing great with him. She will help us with him. She was holding his hand when we were out today so he would not run off. I meant to get a harness for him while we were at Wal-mart but forgot. I will have to go back sometime soon. I don't really want to get one but the boy does not care about running off from us. I really think it is just because he is very curious about everything he sees.

I have not gotten pictures of the two of them together yet. I will post some pictures later after taking some. We have to have six pictures for our post visit anyway. Well, I am going to go for now.

6 comments:

Nikki said...

So glad you are home safe and sound!
Cannot wait to see pics of your TWO children together -- it makes me well up just thinking about it!

I am going to try and get in contact with Sandi - she is only about an hour away from us...she is definitely in my prayers.

Again, so glad you are home...it was wonderful to follow along on your China journey again (even if from afar!)

Linette said...

Welcome Home! I too can't wait to see pics of Ethan and Hannah together. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Pam!!

Welcome to the USA! It really is a relief to have you home. Was Hannah excited to see her Momma, Daddy and new brother?
I prayed for you in China.. such a happy time and sad time due to the circumstances with the precious family's loss. I know it was hard on all of you. Praying God's peace for you all.

Steffie B. said...

So glad to hear from you. I;ve been stalking your blog for days until! lol I would sooooo get a harness or something to keep Ethan by you....I've got one of those kind of boys here at home too! lol

Keep us posted on the medical issues and when surgery will take place.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving with yoru beautiful Son and Daughter!

Hugs....
S*

Laura Nipper said...

Welcome home. So happy that Ethan is finally in your home. He is such a darling little guy.

Gwen Oatsvall said...

Yeah we are home !!!!!