Today we went to visit the temple. It was about a 1 1/2 hour drive from our hotel. It was interesting. There was a lot of smog so we did not get a great view of the mountains but they were pretty all the same. Here are some pictures from our trip. While we were waiting for our van driver some other drivers came up to talk. One of them gave Ethan some of his pancake that he had. I have a picture of him in the slide show. Greg and I both looked at each other at the same time and said, "he looks like a Chinese George Clooney." I think he liked that. The whole time that we were walking around people would come up to Miranda and tell her that Ethan is going to have great fortune. They say here in China that if you have big ears you will have great fortune. I guess he is going to have a lot come his way.
We are both wondering if the orphanage was extremely off on guessing his age. By what they said he would be 31 months old. He is acting more like a child just under two or having just turned two. They told us that he could drink out of a cup at 19 months but he really does not know how to do this. We do realize that he is having the usual attachment issues but there is more to it. We asked our guide, Miranda, how old she thought he was and she said the same thing as us. We go to the orphanage tomorrow. I am going to ask if he had a note with him stating his birthday.The paperwork does not say. I also discovered that some of his smell issue is his ears. I thought I had cleaned them when I gave him his first bath but I did not scrub hard enough behind those ears and inside. They were so bad they smelt. He has lots of wax inside of his ears. We are going to ask if there is a doctor that might be able to get it out for us or get some wax remover. He is very unsteady on his feet and sometimes acts like he does not hear us. I think it might be because of the wax build-up. Hopefully we can get this taken care of before we get on the plane Thursday. Keep Ethan in your prayer as we go visit the orphanage. 9:00 am Zhengzhou time 7:00 pm Central time. He was a little afraid at first this morning when we got into the van for our trip. After we got out and walked around he was ok. He loves to explore. When we got back Greg went down stairs to exchange money for our rental van tomorrow. Ethan started crying for him. It was so sweet. He really likes Greg. I made him mad. He was right in front of the t.v. and was putting stuff on the screen. We would say no but he just laugh. So, I went and picked him up and put him on the bed. He cried big tears. Then he got his bath where I scrubbed his ears. He does not like the bath anymore. Bye for now. Hopefully I will not be back up at 2:00 am.
Happy Heart
16 years ago









6 comments:
Looks like things are getting better. Poor little guy.....sounds like he needs a good cleaning. I bet the wax build up is awful. Hopefully you can find some drops to soften it. Another thing for the Doc to do once you get back.
Thinking and praying for you! ;)
Your family is in my prayers - I do hope you can get Ethan's ears taken care of before your trip home.
Sounds about right: dad is making him laugh and mom is making him mad! hehe
Oh Pam, I just keep imagiiniing us with Noah. I'm with Nikki, dad is the best in China but you just wait. He'll bond with you and never want to leave your side. Hope you can find a doc before you leave. Maybe at the White Swan or Shiyan can help out on that one. No matter his age, love on him, hold him, squeeze him for all of us. More hugs from MN.
~v
Hope his ears get better before the plane ride home! I'm so glad that you are able to update while you're in China. Praying for you ...
he is just so cute !!!! i am praying for you .... can't wait to meet up in guangzhou ...maggie had a rough day, but her night is going fabulously!!
We continue to pray for you and for all of your concerns. Ethan is in good hands and will overcome so much now he has his special family. Love, Kristi Hen.
Post a Comment