At 9:00 am we met Miranda in our hotel lobby. We drove about 10 minutes from our hotel. It was literally just down a block and turn right. We go into the small office (temporary) of the Civil Affairs building. There was an American family there that was working on the final papers of their new son that is four years old. They had their six year old son also with them and the father's mother. The bio son did not understand why he could not be in the photo for the adoption decree. It was so sad to see him cry because he "was not special." This is not what his family was telling him but it how he perceived it. Miranda asked us why we did not bring Hannah while he was sitting with his grandmother crying. I looked over at him and said "because of that." If a six year old does not understand how much would a three year old?
We waited for about an hour for them to show up to the office. There was a traffic jam on their way. Then there he was. He is so cute. He was very shy. I did not want to push myself on him right away so I just beside him and held his hand for awhile. The nanny kept looking at me and talking to Miranda. I think she thought I did not want him since I was not holding him right away. Miranda came over and told me I could hold him. We had to go to a photo shop to get the family photo made. While we walked out the nanny picked Ethan up and carried him. I do not think she wanted to let him go. After awhile he started to warm up to us.
We went to eat lunch. There is an Italian restaurant in our hotel. We both got pizza. Ethan loved it. I would take his plate away because he would put so much food in his mouth at one time. I was afraid he might choke. He would stick out his bottom lip and look like he was about to cry. I stopped taking the plate away after that. He is laughing. Greg really makes him laugh but then again who doesn't laugh at Greg. :)
I did give him a bath. I know that they suggest that you do not do this on the first day but he really did not smell well. After the bath though we realized it is his breath. I believe he has a cold. He is coughing some. Right now he is asleep as is Greg. Also, he is much smaller than the measurements they sent us. Even the 2Ts I brought are too big for him. He is small. There is some development delay as well. I am not worried. Once we get him home he should catch up just like Hannah did.
They did bring some of the toys and clothes that we sent him in the care package. He has been carrying the ball around with him the whole time. He took his bath with it and is sleeping with it. He really likes it. Another thing he likes is looking at himself in the mirror and cameras. He likes that he can see himself in the picture. I hope you enjoy the pictures.
Happy Heart
15 years ago









15 comments:
On Pam and Greg.........I am just bawling! Pam....the picture of you holding Ethan for the first time just put me right over the edge! I am so happy for you.......he is just adorable! I love his ears! ;) Please keep the updates coming as you can!
Love and hugs to you all....
S*
SWEET UNION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Perhaps in the next 24-48hrs. once the reality has caught up woth you both you can breath a deep sigh of relief. He is in your arms finally, thank you dear Jeasus for bringing Ethan to Pam and Greg... make their time together in China precious and their bond stronger as the days pass.
I am overjoyed for you all!! Today Ethan got a mom a dad and a big sister. The greatest blessing is that he will also have a heavenly Father to watch over him always!
Enjoy your time getting to know one another little by little. It WILL all come together.
Hugs to you all,
The Tangs
Yes - Stef is not alone - I am sitting here bawling as well - God is just SO good - it overwhelms me everytime!!! He is just a honey - and I am so thankful he is yours!
also bawling like a baby...Praise God. He is just a doll!!!! I remember not heeding the advice to not bathe on the first day. I couldn't wait to get that dirt out from Mia's toenails! Ethan will probably also have to get that digestive system up to par, too. Oh, his pictures are so cute!! Congratulations!
Our hearts are with you.
Keith A
Thank you all for your prayers. Yes, it is 3:12 am here. My internal clock is not set correctly. I am not really that tired during the day but only sleep until about 1:30 to 2:99 every morning. Ethan is sleeping right now. He seems so peaceful. he has not cried out in the night on this his first night with us. We did go get him some cold and cough medicine. He is so cute. He really likes to watch the ladies when they walk by. I'm going to have to watch that.
pam, he is adorable! wish i was there to see him. how cute and he is so gorgeous! praying for you!
carlee
How awesome to finally see Ethan in your arms! God is so good!!!
These pictures are great and I can't wait to hear more about your trip.
Yeah! I'm so thrilled for you. I'm still praying ... :)
God Bless You And Your Family...He Is Truly A Gift From Above And Is Absolutely Gorgeous! God Bless You!
It's so emotional to watch your photos. God is so good and Ethan looks so sweet holding on to his little ball for security. Welcome Ethan to your forever family.
Oh Pam and Greg, he is just such a doll! Glad he is nice and clean now (and dressed in clothes made for a boy)...
Pam, you just sound so CALM. Good for you. I am just so emotional over here thinking of you (and Gwen) being back in China again and adding to your sweet families.
GOD IS SOOOOO GOOD!
Can't wait to see more! We want more pictures of that son of yours.
HUGS TO YOU ALL.
XOXO
aww Pam he is absolutely adorable. I am loving the pictures and updates and am soooo happy for all of you. Glad your trip has been safe and wonderful so far. I will be continuing to pray for Ethan to adjust well and for the rest of your trip to only get more amazing...sending hugs to you all
Well I'm crying big croc tears here!!
Ethan is so adorable and looks so at home in your arms, Pam.
So very happy for your family. Ethan has a Momma and Daddy AND a sister!! Wow! This is what life is all about...FAMILY FOREVER!!!!
Love to you all!
What a precious little boy! Boys are wonderful. I pray you have a blessed and treasured life. Your family is beautiful.
Blessings, Terry(pround momma to a COP boy - Evan!)
Post a Comment