Those of you who have adopted a child from China will understand this more than others. Remember, we brought Hannah home in April of 2005. She has been in the nursery at church most of this time. Now for the story. This morning while we were at church Hannah's nursery number was flashed up on the screen. I went out to check on her and the nursery coordinator stopped me and asked me to get Greg because they needed to ask us something. So, I went and got him then they took us back to a room. They started off the conversion saying that they loved us very much. Finally the question that we have been waiting for someone to ask us since we got back with Hannah. They told us that the nursery worker had noticed several "bruises" on Hannah's back that they were concerned about. I told them that they were birth marks called Mongolian spots. They were very happy when we told them this is what they are.
We always knew that the questions would come. We are thankful that our church cares about the children that are at our church. The children's minister told us that she will talk about this in our next children's worker meeting. She wants everyone to be aware of the issue. I will be in the meeting so I will probably be answering more questions. They also told us that they will be putting a note on her sheet about them so that if there are anymore questions they will have that on the sheet.
Happy Heart
15 years ago







5 comments:
I'd take that as a good sign, I guess. At least they are aware and paying attention - not sure all churches would even notice that!!
That same thing happended to my aunt that is adopted from Korea when she was a baby! Except the childrens director at churcha and the nursery helpers called the police and had them talk to my grandma and grandpa, at the thought they were abusing Ingird (my aunt). They just don't inderstand! :)
Opps! A couple of spelling errors there! It's been a long day! :)
Your posting brought back a very traumatic moment! A lady knocked on our door and I thought it was someone looking for directions. Instead she said she was from protective services. I thought she was joking. After she came in we had a nice visit and she was very kind. (I had burst into tears to think anyone would do that to us) Poor little Ingrid had to bare her bottom and show her the mongolian blue spots. After we talked she convinced me that whoever had called was someone who truly cared about the welfare of children. Nevertheless when I called the children's director at church I was in tears again. She explained they would have asked me when I came to pick Ingrid up but Stefanie had gone to the nursery instead and they didn't want to confront her. After that we always documented the blue spots; at pre school and kindergarten,and baby sitters etc. Yes, I'm Stef's mom and I love reading everyone's blogs! Best wishes for a very happy 2007! Truusje
Oh, I have always worried about someone coming to our house. Ok, not really worried but wondered if it will ever happen.
Post a Comment