Saturday, December 2, 2006

Dancing Penguins

Hannah and I had a Mother/Daughter day yesterday. Her daycare lady had a grand baby yesterday so I took the day off so she could be at the hospital with her daughter. Hannah and I had fun. We started out by stopping for brunch. From there we went to the mall and bought tickets to see Happy Feet. We had time to kill so we went to look at the fish and then do one of her favorite things at the mall, ride the carousal. Of course she has her favorite animal to ride. Every time Greg takes her to ride she has to get on the dolphin. She loves riding UP DOWN. I think she would ride all day long if we had the money.

We then went to watch the movie. She was being a wiggle worm. It didn't dawn on me that she was actually sleepy. She fell asleep with about 25 minutes left of the movie. She said that she liked the movie though. It was a cute movie. It bothers me though that just about every movie these days has to have some kind of political message in it. This one was about enviromential issues. I am all for being responsible with our earth but sometimes the just seem to go too far. Anyway, I leave that only. It was cute watching the penguins dance.

3 comments:

Beckyb said...

Totally agree - HUGE political overtones - SAVE THE EARTH!!! It's ok, I think we should be responsible but TOTALLY agree - sometimes it's overkill!!!

Steffie B. said...

I have not made the attempt to take Sophia to a movie yet. She does great with watching a DVD, but I think she'd probably be a wiggle worm as well! What a good Mom you are having a Mother/Daughter day! ;)

Nikki said...

Wow, you are so brave to take a 2 year old to the show. I'm afraid Lily would be running up and down the aisle and talking the whole time. That does look like a cute movie though.
Plus, Hannah liked it AND got a nap in -- sounds like a good day.