Monday, October 29, 2007

China Itinerary

We got our itinerary for China travel today. We are a little disappointed. Since we had been to Beijing with Hannah's adoption we wanted a couple of extra days in Zhengzhou (Ethan's province) to get adjusted to the time change. We had started making plans of things that we were going to do on those days before we got him. We met Pam and Clay through their blog. We were hoping to meet up with them. We are not sure if we will be able to do this now. Our itinerary is
  • arrive in Zhengzhou Nov 4th at 10:00 am
  • Get Ethan and finalize adoption on Nov 5th
  • free day Nov 6th
  • visit museum (hoping this will change to something else) Nov 7th
  • leave Zhengzhou arrive in Guangzhou Nov 8th

OK, so I'm really trying not to be upset about this. I know that we are there to get our son, but we also want to experience the area that he is from. We were told that it was arranged this way due to a conference in the city starting Nov 8th and they thought we would be more comfortable leaving then. I emailed our SW to see about changing the museum to something that is more living. The response she got from the corporate office said that they hoped we were not disappointed but that the guide in China thought since we were the only family in the province that we might get lonely. What is the real reason. Am I over reacting?

Oh, I know that our ticker shows that we have raised over our goal. After getting our China travel we are still about 1600.00 short of what we need. We thank everyone that has given to bringing Ethan home. We are so grateful.

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Hey Pam,
Sorry to hear your itinerary has you a bit disappointed...try not to be upset. Focus on the fact that the wait for Ethan will finally be over, sweetie...everything else is just secondary.

Steffie B. said...

Relax......your emotions are in over drive. Find out what you can once you are there. It will all be ok......remember that. Plus, he may really be freaked out and you might need to stay close to the hotel anyways. It will work out! Hugs my friend.....

Verna said...

Breath deep . . . what am I saying, I will feel exactly the same way. I'm taking sleeping pill along this time. Just can't wait to update your header with a picture of the kids together. Will have to think of some new wording. Hang in there. Only a couple more days!