Sunday, September 23, 2007

New info on Ethan

We received an email from our SW with Ethan's updated measurements. Greg had asked her about it early in the week because we had received an email stating that they would send out updates on COP children before the parents travel. Lisa (SW) thought that we would probably receive it closer to time of travel but a couple of days later had the info for us. Could this be a good sign? He isn't too far behind Hannah. She is about 36 inches and 32 lbs.

Height - 33 inches
Weight - 26.5 lbs

With our move to the new house Hannah has told us that she does not like her new room. We have decided to have her and Ethan share a room for now and just make the other bedroom a playroom. We are hoping this will help get Hannah to sleep in her bed once Ethan gets here. She will fall asleep in the living room at night. We put her in her bed. She wakes up to go potty then finds Daddy and sleeps in the floor near him. Crazy.

7 comments:

redmaryjanes said...

Our 2 year old goes to bed in his room, but wakes every night and comes to bed with us. We only have a queen size bed, so I end up having to sleep downstairs on the couch because he is so restless when he sleeps. I'm glad to know we're not the only ones with a child with unusual sleep habits.

The Phillips said...

We've had some crazy sleepers in our house,too, but they did eventually outgrow it! =]

Oh, I hope the new info means travel dates come soon! I'm praying for ya'll.
Britt

Nikki said...

Glad you got an update on your sweet son! Good stats!

Hope your travel arrangements are coming soon so you can get your 2 cuties in their room together. (and you KNOW my kiddo has THE craziest sleeping habits! What can ya do?)

Love your header! It looks great!

Chrissie said...

I hope it is a good sign. I can't wait to see the post that says "we are on our way to pick up our son". I am sure you can't wait to write it. How old is you sweet boy?

www.heart4malawi.blogspot.com

Gwen Oatsvall said...

any news is always good news ... glad to hear you are getting somewhere with all this ... crazy, but i am still praying we travel together ... wouldn't that be wild !!!

Verna said...

So nice to get an update. What a joy. Ethan sounds like he is about the same size as Noah. I am so excited for them to meet. Boy will we have a great reunion next time. Hope those sleep issues get resolved. ~v

Pam said...

I told my mother that Hannah is wanting to sleep with us. She did this laugh. You know the one that says "you will regret that."

Chrissie, Ethan turned 2 on February 13. He will be almost 3 by the time we get him. We will be planning a birthday party shortly after getting home. It will be fun though.