Thursday, September 13, 2007

6 Months Waiting


Today is our 6 month DTC anniversary. Verna sent me a nice graphic to post but I was not able to save it to my computer at this time. I have some wonderful friends that are keeping us in their prayers. I need them daily. This wait has been much harder than Hannah's wait. I will rejoice when I am able to hold Ethan in my arms.

I want to thank everyone that has visited The Blog Fairy and requested a new look for their blogs. We are so thankful for all that you are doing. We will be able to tell Ethan that many people had a hand in bringing him home. Be praying for another fundraiser that we might be doing. Gwen Oatsvall told us about this one. We are looking into having a pancake breakfast at Applebee's. Greg is waiting on a call back from the marketing guy on the details about it.

I am getting ready to send Ethan's care package to him. I just finished putting all of the pictures in the little album and labeled them. I hope I got the labels correct. I am going to try and get it sent off this Saturday.

Yesterday was Greg and mine 9 year anniversary. We did not due much. All three of us went downtown to this Irish pub. I had been craving these eggs (Scotch Eggs) that they have. They take boiled eggs and wrap them in sausage and bread crumbs. Then they are deep fried. OK, not too good for the cholesterol but I don't get them that often. They are really good.

Tomorrow is Greg's 37 birthday. We will go out to eat tomorrow night to celebrate. We have cake at home already. We might even go out to "honk up some cows."

8 comments:

Steffie B. said...

You are so funny....glad you had a good anniversary and I hope Greg has a great b-day! I think and pray for you daily. I can't imagine what you are going through. Verna is making me some really cool blogs and it brings my heart such joy to know that it will be helping you with your travel expense! ;) Keep us posted and be sure to let us know if you "honked some cows"! Sophia would LOVE that since she is obbessed with looking for them when we are in the car!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

keep me posted on the pancake breakfast ... we are there !!! i do pray for sweet ethan each day .. he is listed on my blog today for all the prayer needs i have i my life ... love ya ...

Nikki said...

Oh my gosh, I can't believe it has been 6 months! You are all in my prayers during this very difficult time...you know that, right?

Happy Anniversary. You have a beautiful relationship that has endured much...but you have also celebrated much and will soon have much more to rejoice about!

Tell Greg Happy Birthday from the Doctor family and honk up a cow for us!

Beckyb said...

Gawl darn it, China - speed it up!!! Ok - that's my venting for the day!! Praying for you over here too - I don't understand it, but I will just keep praying!!

Verna said...

Hope you had a great anniversary! We went out for the night. A much needed break. We have lots happening this week too. Both Carrie and Erin have B-days. Tell Greg Happy B-day!

The Phillips said...

Happy Anniversary & Happy Birthday Greg!
I hate that you have had to wait so long...speed it up China! =] I've heard of the pancake breakfast thing before. We almost did it for the cross country team. It's a great idea! I'll be there too...just let me know when!
Let's get together again soon!
Britt

The Phillips said...

I almost forgot...I LOVE the new look for your blog! =]

redmaryjanes said...

I hope that you have your son soon. It seems like this part of the wait is the hardest. You have many wonderful friends. Verna is amazing and so are Gwen and Stefanie. I hope that the fund raisers all work and that you have the necessary money. You are in my thoughts and prayers.