We recently had a bad storm come through our small town on Tuesday night. There were several homes that were completely destroyed and several lives lost. God had His angels surronding us. The tonado touched down about two miles from our home. We did not know this until the next morning. Hannah and Ethan feel asleep on the couch. When we got the warning we put them in the bathroom floor in case we had to take cover. I have a picture of this. Also, about 5 miles from our house a natural gas plant exploded. That is what two of the pictures are of. the night sky was glowing from the fire. I thought our neighbors back field was on fire.
We celebrated Chinese New Year and Ethan's 3rd birthday today. My sister, Barbara, and I made Chinese food. We had pork dumplings and sliced mushrooms and chicken. It turned out pretty well. Greg found this lady in a town near us that makes custom cakes. She made this Chinese dragon cake for us. We had seen one of her cakes that she made for a little boy's birthday on her website. It was a regular dragon on top of a sheet cake. We thought that our was going to be like that. We were very pleased after we picked it up. It was really great in looks and taste. We will be using her again.










7 comments:
Happy to hear that you and your family are doing fine after the recent storms in your area!
Happy Birthday, Ethan! Hope you had a wonderful day little man. :)
Happy B-day to your sweet boy! That cake is awesome! Very talented baker!! The pictures are amazing..I am so sorry the tornadoes were so close to you...but very thankful they did not affect your family directly! We live in TN as well..but in the upper East part near Bristol.
Sweet Blessings to you!
I am so glad you are ok.....I can't can't see the video....I'll try again tomorrow. I want to see the little man! ;)
Glad none of the death and destruction came near your family, my friend...I adore the pic of the kiddos asleep on the bathroom floor. How sweet is that?
And Happy Birthday to your little man...the party looked so fun. The cake was awesome. But, please stop telling him 'no'. He doesn't seem to like it! hehe
happy bday Ethan ... the cake sounds amazing !!! so glad you are all safe ... are you as tired of all this rain as me ....
Praise God you are safe.
I am so glad you are all ok. I can't imagine how scarry it must have been.
Post a Comment