Today if you take in the time difference is our 2 year anniversary (April 7, 2005) for Hannah's Gotcha Day. If I am remembering correctly we were probably on our way to our hotel in Changsha. There were so many emotions running through me head as we were flying in to Changsha. The dream that I have had for life was about to come true. I was going to become a mother. For several months we only had a picture of our Hannah. From the moment that I saw the picture I was in love with her. She is my baby. We have been so blessed the past two years to have her in our lives. It is so hard to image my life without her. She makes me laugh, cry, and want to scream and sometimes all at once. I would not trade her for anything in this world. I thank God that He has intrusted her to us for the time being.
I remember the day that we went to get her. When the bus pulled up to the civil affairs building and we all started to unload we could her the girls crying inside the building. As we walked into the room all the families were looking for their baby. We all waiting patiently for our baby's name to be called. the moment that they put her into my arms it felt so right. She fit perfectly. I still love holding her in my arms and rocking her.









9 comments:
Beautiful, Pam......thanks for sharing. Now....where is Ethan? ;)
That was great - such fun memories!! Thanks for making that for us to re-live!!! Happy Gotcha Day!!
That was a great post, Pam. Beautifully written.
Happy Gotcha Day to you all!
Thanks for the beautiful memories! Happy Gothcha Day to you all!! Just think, soon you, Greg and Hannah will be blessed woth Ethan's Gotcha Day! What a celebration that will be.
happy happy gotcha day!
How incredible, thanks for sharing this. Happy Gotcha Day!
Thanks for sharing. I agree. It is so cool to see everyone's pictures and point of view. Loving all these posts on Gotcha day.
fabulous video/story ... it is so hard to believe it has only been two years ... great spending time with you !!! we must do it more often ...
Where is Ethan? I wish so much to get the call.
Oh, the picture of Hannah in her oneies in the hotel room brings back memories. Shiyan came into our room and gave me down the road. "Chinese babies are not use to the air conditioner. YOu need to keep them covered up at all time." If she only knew how Hannah hates to be covered up now. I covered her up while she was in there then took it off after she left the room. Hannah was burning up. She needed to cool off.
Post a Comment