Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Ethan's Surgery

Ethan's surgery had to be rescheduled. He woke this morning with a fever and "barking" like a seal. When I called the surgeon's office they agreed that it should be rescheduled. It is now scheduled for May 21. Please keep him in your prayers that he will remain well.

We took him to the doctor's office this afternoon. He has an ear infection and she said the croup. The poor little thing looks so pitiful.

Something funny that happened today, well I guess it is funny. We were out this morning and had time to kill before his appointment. We went to Target to get some things. When we got there I took him into the restroom to change a dirty diaper. It was so bad that it came out of his diaper onto his pants. It was so bad that Greg and I both had to work on changing it. I just threw his pants away. Greg and I got a laugh out of it.

7 comments:

Amy Button said...

I'm so sorry you had to reschedule. I know that having this surgery ASAP is really important. I'll be praying for you guys.

Gotta love "blow-outs" :)

Nikki said...

OH NO! I was hoping he was able to have the surgery - poor thing. Hope he is feeling better soon.

and, I've been there with the poop explosion...once in the Target restroom! hehe
And, you've gotta laugh...beats the alternative!

Anonymous said...

I was hoping that Ethan would be well enough to have his surgery done and over with. Better that he's well of course!

Oh yes!! We've experienced the blow outs, too. We should take out stock in baby wipes!:)

Hope everyone is well soon!

Chrissie said...

Pray for Ethan and Hannah to both feel better quickly. Praying also for a schedule change for the surgeon so he can have his surgery before May.

Loved the Poop explosion story...ate least if you had to loose the pants you were at Target.

www.heart4malawi.blogspot.com

kitchu said...

Sounds like he had what we nurses like to call a "Code Brown"!

Sorry his surgery is being rescheduled, I'm praying for him :)

Steffie B. said...

Just stopping by to say hi...and I hope your little man is feeling better! ;)

Pam said...

Thank you all for your prayers. Ethan and Hannah both are feeling better. Kris I like the "code brown" I will have to use that.