This past weekend we had a little family getaway. We went to Cherokee, NC. I have family on my mother's side that were Cherokee. I have been wanting to go there for some time. They have a museum and mock Cherokee village. They also put on a play that tells the history of the Cherokee nation. It was very educational.
Sunday evening went drove over the mountain to Sevierville, TN. There was a group doing Legends of China shows. We got to watch a show about Kung Fu. Of course we had several of the people that work with the shows ask us about Hannah. We also told them about Ethan.
Ethan is in Henan provience of China. It is there that the Shaolin temple is located. This is also where Kung Fu originated. We found out that all of the boys in the show were from the temple. We were not able to talk with them very long. They were very nice.
One of the main guys had a partial right arm. I would say he is probably in his 20's. Knowing what has happened to so many children like this in China I could not help but wonder what his story might be. Did his parents decide to keep him in spite of his disability? If they did not keep him did they drop him off at the temple or did one of the priest find him on the steps to some office.
Anyway, if you are ever in Sevierville, TN I recommend you go see the show. It was really nice.
Happy Heart
15 years ago







5 comments:
Hey Pam, sounds like a nice weekend...hope it made you feel a bit closer to your little man.
Glad you're back -- you've been missed.
I'm glad you were able to get away for a little while. I hope you feel refreshed!
I'm looking forward to Sunday! See you then! :)
Britt
Sounds like a nice weekend....I'm praying for you daily....I can't believe you are still waiting! Hang in there.
sounds like a fabulous weekend ... we are all praying for ethan and can't wait to come to the airport when you come home with him ...
Hi. We just got back from China. Our daughter was at XinXiang SWI in henan. We got to visit the orphanage and I think I have pictures of your little Ethan. Please email me and I'll get the pictures forwarded to you. Monica
mandmrao@gmail.com
Post a Comment